The Chester Union Free School District welcomes all school-age students residing in the district. Parents/legal guardians must complete the Student Registration Packet and Home Language Questionnaire, both links are available in the preferred language. The parent/legal guardian must bring the completed forms to the school with the following required documentation. It is advisable to contact the schools to schedule an appointment to help ease the registration process.
For Chester Elementary School registration, please contact Mrs. Iannuzzi at 845-469-2178 x2202
For Chester Academy Middle/High School registration, please contact Mrs. Goodrich at 845-469-2231 x3307
Download Spanish Student Regsitration Packet (ESP)
Required Documentation at the time of student registration:
- Registration Packet: Parent/Guardian must be present at the time of registration
- Proof of Age: Original Birth Certificate or Passport/Visa
- Immunization Records: All Students
- Proof of Residency: Four (4) proofs of residency required
- Proof of Custody: For students not living with natural parent(s) or legal guardian
- Transfer Students: Most recent report card
- Request for Records Form: Signed
- Special Services Students: IEP Records
Home Language Questionnaire
In order to provide your child with the best possible education, we need to determine how well he or she understands, speaks, reads, and writes in English, as well as prior school and personal history. Please download and complete the Home Language Questionnaire form below and submit it with the completed registration packet. Your assistance in answering these questions is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
About the District
Chester is a residential community located approximately 60 miles north of New York City in the Hudson Valley of Orange County New York. The Chester Union Free School District is comprised of the Village of Chester, the Town of Chester and parts of Goshen and Blooming Grove. Directions for the schools open using Google Maps.