Please be advised that new student(s) to the Chester Union Free School District must be registered by a parent or legal guardian.
To schedule an appointment during regular office hours from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, please contact the school's Registrar with any questions you may have. COMPLETE the Home Language Questionnaire (below links to preferred language) Language translation services will be available with scheduled appointments.
- Chester Elementary School (grades PreK-5) contact Irene Giannakakis at 845-469-2178 x2202 | EMAIL
- Chester Academy Middle/High School (grades 6-12), contact Jennifer DeSantis at 845-469-2231 x3307 | EMAIL
We encourage you to download and complete all of the Registration Packet forms (links below) before your arrival time. Additionally, please remember to bring all necessary documents at the time of your appointment. Copies of original documents (listed below) will be made during the registration process.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to welcoming your student to our school district.
Required (NYS) Documentation at the time of student registration:
- Registration Packet: Parent/Guardian must be present at the time of registration with necessary identification
- Proof of Age: Original Birth Certificate or Passport/Visa
- Immunization Records: All Students
- Proof of Residency: Four (4) proofs of residency required
- Proof of Custody: For students not living with natural parent(s) or legal guardian
- Transfer Students: Most recent report card
- Request for Records Form: Signed
- Special Services Students: IEP Records
- Home Language Questionnaire (translated language forms)
To provide your child with the best possible education, we need to determine how well he or she understands, speaks, reads, and writes in English, as well as prior school and personal history. Please download and complete the Home Language Questionnaire form below and submit it with the completed registration packet. Your assistance in answering these questions is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
CUFSD Student Registration Packet (ENG)
Option Acrobat fillable form available
CUFSD PAQUETE DE REGISTRO HOJA DE PORTADA
Opción de formulario rellenable de Acrobat disponible
About the District
Chester is a residential community located approximately 60 miles north of New York City in the Hudson Valley of Orange County New York. The Chester Union Free School District is comprised of the Village of Chester, the Town of Chester and parts of Goshen and Blooming Grove. Directions for the schools open using Google Maps.
For Chester Elementary School registration, please contact Irene Giannakakis at 845-469-2178 x2202
For Chester Academy Middle/High School registration, please contact Jennifer DeSantis at 845-469-2231 x3307