Parent Portal / Schooltool Login
Parent Portal Guidelines and System Requirements
Note: If you are having issues logging into the portal, please contact the Chester Academy Main Office for assistance at 845-469-2231 for such questions. For any/all questions of assignments in the portal, please contact the teacher directly. If you do not get an answer, please contact the Guidance Office or the school secretary for such questions. Thank you.
The district is very excited to provide the SchoolTool Parent Portal to our district's parents and guardians in an effort to continue to help communications between home and school. We realize that parents and guardians lead increasingly busy lives. Having the ability to get more timely information on your student(s) progress in school helps not only parents/guardians, but also the rest of the stakeholders including teachers, administrators and the students themselves.
Technical & Informational Notes
1. Parents should not share their password with anyone and should not set their browsers to auto login to the portal. Please see the letter sent home for more information and all rules explained.
2. Stepparents or guardians that do not have legal custody of a child will not be granted parent portal right unless a copy of legal documentation is attached to the Acceptance Form.
3. If you have a third-party firewall installed on your computer, such as McAfee or Norton Symantec, etc., you may need to configure this firewall software to this website. Please contact your software vendor if you encounter problems accessing the website or for further information.
4. If you are going through a proxy server, you may also have to enable Secure Socket Layer (SSL) in order for the page to display.
5. Security features of the Parent Portal include:
A. Three unsuccessful login attempts will disable your Parent Portal account.
B. In order to use the portal again, you will need to hit the "Forgot Password" link which will generate a new temporary password for you.
C. You will be automatically logged off if you leave the Parent Portal web browser open and inactive for a period of time.
D. All attempts at logging into the system are recorded and monitored.
We hope this information is helpful to parents/guardians. Please contact Mr. Ed Spence with any questions or concerns. Thank you.