Chester UFSD COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Survey
November 9, 2021
Dear Parent / Guardian:
The Chester School District would like to assist those parents who wish to have their children vaccinated and/or tested for COVID-19 and is conducting a survey to determine how many parents would be interested in having their child(ren) vaccinated and/or tested at our schools.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing are voluntary and are at the parent/guardian’s discretion.
As you may know, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has given the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine emergency authorization to use in children ages 5-15 years old and full approval to use in people ages 16 and older. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “The benefits of COVID-19 vaccination outweigh the known and potential risks.” and they recommend, “Get a COVID vaccine for children ages 5 years and older as soon as you can.” (For more information on the process of developing, authorizing, and approving COVID-19 vaccines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/distributing/steps-ensure-safety.html)
COVID-19 testing can be used to determine if an individual is infected and can also be used to determine the level of infection in a school when a large enough portion of the school population participates in testing.
COVID-19 Vaccination for Children and Adults.
- Vaccination clinics will be held at Chester Academy in mid-late November. Specific dates will be provided after survey results have been received.
- There will be no cost for vaccination.
- The familiar school environment may help reduce children’s worries about receiving the vaccination.
- Vaccinations will be administered in two doses at least three weeks apart.
- Children must be accompanied by their parent or guardian for the vaccinations.
- Adults may also register for vaccination.
- Registration for vaccination may be done online after the survey has been reviewed by the school district and vaccinations have been ordered.
- There will be no cost to participate in testing.
- COVID-19 testing clinics will be held at Chester Elementary School and/or Chester Academy depending on the number of people interested at each school.
- Testing will involve PCR “pool testing.”
- Positive test results will be reported in under 48 hours. Negative results will not be reported.
- Testing of children 12 years or younger will be performed by trained health professionals.
- Children over 12 may self-administer testing under the observation of trained health professionals
- Testing will involve three quick nasal swabs in the outer portion of the nasal cavity.
- Parents are not required to be present for testing.
- Testing will be conducted during school hours.
- More detailed information about testing will be made available to those who register for testing.
Please complete the survey below if you would like to participate in vaccination or testing. Your answers below are confidential and will be used for planning purposes only.
To start the survey